This article assumes that you've already signed up for Pinventory®'s Home Inventory Product and that you've created a Username and Password for your account. The below instructions are for basic input of home inventory pictures and Provenance (backup information) using the Pinventory™ Mobile App.
☐ 1. Log into your Account.
☐ 2. Create a Member Profile for the person whose home inventory it is.
☐ 3. Create the Residence that will house the Home Inventory Items and turn on the Home Inventory button.
☐ 4. Go to Dropdown Management to ensure that the dropdown items that are pre-populated for Pinventory® Home Inventory are what you want to see on the app when you open it up.
☐ 5. Download the Pinventory® Home Inventory App
• For Apple users, go to the Apple App store on your phone. • For Android users, go to Google Marketplace on your phone.
☐ 6. Using the features of the app as explained in Home Inventory Mobile App
• Take photos with the app • Input information about the photos and • Click SAVE after each photo taken.
The app will automatically transfer the photos and its information from the phone to the Pinventory® Member Profile and Residence you selected when you opened the app.
☐ 6. Log into your Pinventory® Account on the web and select the Member Profile you'd selected for the inventory items you just added.
☐ 7. Go to Home Inventory and select the Residence you used for the inventory items you just added.
☐ 8. Input any additional information for each item by clicking on the "Edit" icon for that Record.
☐ 9. Upload any Provenance (backup information) that you have for any item that is a specific asset; a picture, a china collection, a statue, a car, etc. You can scan the information and attach it here:
Be sure to save your information.
☐ 10. Go to Reports and select "Report Generator" and "Home Inventory":
☐ 11. Select the type of Home Inventory report you want:
- Quick Pics Only, 2 Per Page = portrait report with two photos per page, no information
- Quick Pics Only = portrait report with multiple photos per page, no information
- Quick List, No Pics (L) = landscape report with no photos, only basic information
- Detail Small Pics With Info (P) = portrait report with multiple photos and detailed information
- Detail Large Pics With Info (L) = landscape report with 1 large photo and detailed information
- Detail X-Large Pics With Info (P) = landscape report with 1 X=large photo and less information
☐ 12. Select the type of criteria for the photos you want to print by filtering on different fields of information:
- Filter by Residence = which Residence contains the home inventory information you're wanting to print out. Note: If you have more than one Residence, if you don't filter, you'll get information from all of the Residences
- Filter by Ownership = if you've designated that certain items are owned by one person or entity, you can select to just see those items
- Filter by Item Type = the type of item you labeled an item, e.g., picture, china collection, artifact, furniture, etc. You can use general categories or more specific
- Filter by Room = you can print out just items in a given room. Note: If you select "living room" and have two residences but you don't also filter by Residence, you'll get all of the items in BOTH residences.
☐ 13. Once you've filtered your information so you have exactly the photos you want, click on the Print icon and print your inventory! Tip: A nice touch is to print the photos on glossy paper.